Wednesday 3 March 2010

Bow Wow Wow!



It's 1993. I'm 14 years old and the world seems a very dark place. Mr Blobby is king of the airwaves, Mulder and Skully start investigating the Paranormal and the douche bags at school start getting stupid logos shaved into your head.
Luckily for me on the other side of the pond a young Cordozar Calvin Broadus had just released his debut album Doggystyle. It was my awakening, I had discovered something raw and exciting that came with an attitude that seriously offended my Mother. Who doesn't love to shout along with "What's my muther fucking name?" Obviously my friends didn't agree with me, I should have be listening to Pabolo Honey and being a grumpy bastard! No thanks.
I had found a voice with Snoop and had begun a path of amazing discovery which started a lifetime love affair with Hip-Hop.1993 is my golden year; how could it not be with albums like Wu Tang- Enter the 36 chambers, Tribes' - Midnight murauders, Souls of mischeif-93 til infinity, Intelligent Hoodlum- Tradegy, Eazy E- It's on 187 um killa, I could go on and on but if you fancy a little trip down memory lane, check out The Rubs' History of Hip Hop and listen to ll cool j before he started making girls music.


I miss you Snoop, please put down your pimp cup and come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment